First National Bank's Zero Liability pledge lets you bank and make purchases worry-free. You are not responsible for ‘unauthorized purchases'. Zero Liability applies to purchases made in the store, over the telephone or made online. As a MasterCard® cardholder, you will not be responsible in the event of unauthorized purchases provided the following preconditions are met:
- Your account is in good standing
- You have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding* your card from any unauthorized use**
- You have not reported two or more unauthorized events in the past 12 months
Zero Liability does not apply to MasterCard cards if:
- A PIN for a debit transaction is used for the ‘unauthorized' purchase
- Issued for commercial or agricultural purposes, except for MasterCard® Commercial Cards issued used for small businesses as listed on www.mastercardbusiness.com
If you have questions regarding zero liability coverage or you suspect unauthorized use of your card, contact First National Bank IMMEDIATELY.
You must report your card lost, stolen, or has fraudulent activity within 24 hours of the time you noticed. Your liability grows with each day not reported. If any of the conditions set forth above are not met, then your liability may not be zero but it may be limited by First National Bank if you report this activity as soon as possible.
*Failure to register your card on MasterCard® SecureCode® will be considered as not safeguarding your card. Meaning, any unauthorized transactions done on the internet with a merchant who participates with SecureCode® will become your responsibility if your card is not registered.
**Unauthorized use means that you did not provide, directly, by implication or otherwise, the right to use your card and you received no benefit from the ‘unauthorized' purchase.